We've created this blog so that our friends and family can see what Drew and Hemming have been up to and see how much they've grown! Thanks for looking and please visit often!
Kelly and Andy
Kelly and Andy
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Popscicle for going potty!
Putting my sticker on the "potty chart"!
Trying to take off my underwear...he would rather wear NOTHING!
Good News! Drew got into the preschool we've been trying to get him in since we moved to Atlanta- Peachtree Road UMC! He just got in this week off of the waiting list. Bad News- he has to be potty trained by the time school starts in a month! Potty training was not even on my radar until he turned 3 in October. Nothing like an unexpected deadline to get us started! I have gotten GREAT advice from other moms and came up with a plan based on what worked for the majority of the people I talked to. I know now is as good a time as any, so we started yesterday. Here's what we're doing:
- Staying at home for 3 days straight
- No more diaper, Drew is basically running around the house with no bottoms on. Underwear here and there to get him used to wearing them.
-I take him to the bathroom every 20 minutes.
- He gets toys and candy when he goes, and a sticker for his "potty chart".
- When he has accidents he has to help clean them up.
- Pull ups at naptime and bedtime OVER his underwear so he still notices when he has an accident
So far succesful potty attempts are outweighing accidents -whew! He is great at helping me clean up, but not so great at telling me when he needs to go! Still a long way from grasping the concept and cotrolling our bladder, but a lot can change in a month! We shall see!
Posted by Kelly Williamson at 2:04 PM